Monday, September 26, 2011

September 26


Posted by Picasa
Reuben is enjoying a cuddle with Blake's blankie.
I started Blake's blanket months before he was born, and then it sat...and sat...and sat in the cupboard almost finished, just waiting for the seams to be snipped and the blanket to be washed giving it the rag time look.
Then a few weeks ago, Liz K. came for a Ladies Aide baby visit, and when I told her this, she promptly asked for the blanket and started snipping.  When she went home, the blanket went with her and she happily finished his blanket.  Last week, the doorbell rang, and it was returned to me, completely finished!
I love the end result, and I think it's so special
that it's got such a fun story to go with it.

1 comment:

  1. I love the colours in the blanket. Good job Marian and Liz!

    ReplyDelete