Saturday, January 26, 2013

January 26


Posted by Picasa
Quite funny...I opened my recipe book to copy the recipe...
and it smells like...Chicken Chow Mein!

Boil a large yellow bag of Farkey steam fried chow mein noodles
according to directions on bag.  Set aside.
Cut 3 chicken breasts in strips and fry in a little bit of oil.  Remove from pan.
Fry 1 medium chopped onion in 1 tsp oil.
Add:
   1 cup chopped celery
   2 cups chopped cabbage (or use bagged coleslaw mix)
   1 red or orange bell pepper, julienned
   2 carrots, julienned
Stir fry until tender.
Add:
   Cooked chicken breast
   1 can mushroom soup
   Soy sauce
Heat through.
Add:
   1 cup sliced snow peas
   Cooked noodles
Heat through and serve.

2 comments:

  1. looks delicious, Marian..
    could you bring me a taste?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to...but I hear it REALLY cold out there right now. Brrr...

      Delete