Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November 8


Posted by Picasa
It always amazes me to see how long this Japanese Maple tree
holds on to its leaves.  Not a single leaf lays on the ground yet, a good ways
into November already.  The colors are so gorgeous this time of year.
The doves must love this tree for its cover too, because when I went
to take this picture, I scared at least 6 out that were roosting in the top branches.
Hold on, dear Maple, hold on a bit longer,
for I know that when you do let go,
winter will be upon us.

1 comment:

  1. Marian - I'm trying to follow your blog but I'm so far not successful. I think my computer has a glitch. We got a new one about a month ago and I've had trouble leaving comments on different blogs too. Just so you know... :-)

    We had a tree like this in the front yard of our old house. I loved it and I miss it!

    ReplyDelete