Friday, February 24, 2012

February 24


Posted by Picasa
This is what we see when we look out the window today.  Yes, snow.
I am looking forward to Spring...but this is a reminder that it's only February.

Inside, the temperatures are still soaring...and the Advil bottle is getting emptier every 8 hours.  Last night before I went to bed I went to check on Reuben because he was talking to himself.  He was so hot that he was just laying there all limp.  As I sat with him, waiting for the Advil to start working I said to him "It makes me so sad to see you so sick."  He slowly opens one soupy eye to look at me and thoughtfully says, "Should I start laughing?  Will that make you feel better?"
Oh, this boy is always thinking of others before himself.  It hurts him to see others unhappy and will try his best to make things better.

But on a happier note, we wish tante Ada
a very Happy 60th Birthday!
Wishing we could be there to celebrate with you!

2 comments:

  1. Dank je wel voor je felicitatie!!
    60 jaar is wel een bijzondere leeftijd.
    Het is jammer dat je niet even op de koffie kon komen.
    Arenda en Dani zijn vanmorgen weer vertrokken.
    Het waren erg gezellige dagen en gingen veel te snel voorbij.
    Beterschap voor Reuben!
    Liefs tante Ada :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's so sweet of Reuben! Did you start laughing when he said that?

    ReplyDelete